Obba: A Java Object Handler for Excel | Javalobby
With Obba, you can easily build Excel GUIs to Java code.
Its main features are:
* Loading of arbitrary jar or class files at runtime through an Excel worksheet function.
* Instantiation of Java objects, storing the object reference under a given object label.
* Invocation of methods on objects referenced by their object handle, storing the handle to the result under a given object label.
* Asynchronous method invocation and tools for synchronization, turning your spreadsheet into a multi-threaded calculation tool.
* Serialization and de-serialization (save Serializable objects to a file, restore them any time later).
* All this though spreadsheet functions, without any additional line of code (no VBA needed, no additional Java code needed).