JGroups 2.8.0.GA released. Nice to see continued development activity on it. Its been a while since I used it. Was quite useful to manage a group of processes maintaining a replicated cache. Might be worth another look to see if it offers other useful use-cases.
- Group creation and deletion. Group members can be spread across LANs or WANs
- Joining and leaving of groups
- Membership detection and notification about joined/left/crashed members
- Detection and removal of crashed members
- Sending and receiving of member-to-group messages (point-to-multipoint)
- Sending and receiving of member-to-member messages (point-to-point)