A very interesting podcast from Tim Ferris with Dr Christopher M. Palmer, on how a ketogenic diet could help positively with depression, anxiety and other mental disorders.
Also a similar conversation with Dr Andrew Huberman.
As a disclaimer, I am not a strong advocate of ketogenic diets but strongly believe in eating less processed foods which does generally mean less processed carbs and less carbs in general, as there is only so much fruit, vegetables and salad one can eat 😊.
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily.
- Eat fewer calories.
- Eat 2-3 meals, within an 8-10 hour window.
- Reduce refined carbs such as bread, pasta, pastries, alcoholic drinks and sugary drinks including juices. Replace these with fresh vegetables, fruit and salad.
- Eat quality protein like grass-fed beef and pasture-raised eggs.
- Eat sources of omega-3s and alpha-lipoic acid. Eat antioxidant-rich foods with resveratrol like dark chocolate.
- Prioritize getting 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Reduce stress with relaxation techniques like meditation or massage.
- Try heat therapy like sauna.